Friday, February 28, 2014

Pocket Scrapbooking

There are so many companies that have jumped on the pocket scrapbooking party train. Most make pocket page protectors and journaling cards (filler cards fall into the same overall category). Here are the companies that I have stumbled across that make all these goodies:

Project Life/Becky Higgins
Studio Calico
American Crafts
We R Memory Keepers
Teresa Collins
Close To My Heart
Kaisercraft
Papertrey Ink (brand new this month!)
Echo Park
My Mind's Eye
Simple Stories (their entire philosophy is simple scrapbooking)
Crate Paper

Now there are also companies who make 12x12 papers that have journaling cards on them. You simply cut them up yourself. 

About that mountain of 12x12 patterned papers and cardstock sitting in my studio? Yeah, about them. I'm slowly working my way through them and cutting most of them into 4x6 journaling cards/filler cards. Yup, even the cardstock. Why? Perfect for using some of my stamps and stickers/chipboard pieces on to make my own cards! 

I have started my first album. It's a week long vacation in the Smoky Mountains. Over 600 photos and they ALL fit into one - yup one - album! I used a mix of Project Life, My Mind's Eye, We R Memory Keepers, and Kaisercraft journaling cards along with the ones I cut up myself. 

Here's the fun part. Journaling. I hate it. I stink at it. But guess what. Doing pocket scrapbooking is making me journal! I've even Googled places we went for historic details. Crazy I know! 

Oh and the best part. I spent less than 12 hours on this album. Normally, I could spend two entire weekends doing traditional scrapbooking to get that many photos done. I also still would have to do all of my embellishing. And there's no way this would all fit into one album....probably not even two. So I saved a ton of time and shelf space.

I'll have photos of these projects soon! I want to finish my album before I post pics. But stay tuned!  

One last thing about pocket scrapbooking. I also collect postcards from all of my trips and travels. I’ve been looking for a few years for something to organize my collection in. I haven’t had any luck except for plastic envelopes and those were ugly. There are pocket pages that hold 12 postcards! There are page protectors that will hold 12 horizontal or vertical. Thank you We R Memory Keepers! I have been able to give hundreds of postcards a lovely home finally!

No comments: