Monday, March 2, 2015

Adventure Seeker & Autumn Harvest

What can you create with a Living Life collection? The answer is plenty! I recently attended a crop and spent the weekend creating and embellishing journaling cards from the Autumn Harvest Living Life and Adventure Seeker Living Life collections. Both Living Life collections are from Inky Hot Mess.

Using a designed journaling card as is can be just what your layouts need. I used just a simple card - no extra embellishing.....You'll see how rare that is for me!


You can always make your own journaling cards whenever you need them. Taking something as simple as cardstock and embellishing it can give you exactly what you need. I used a flair, sticker, and ribbon as the embellishments. Why the yellow? I was visiting the Great Smokey Mountains in the autumn and wanted to use only colors found on autumn trees for these photos.



I have always struggled with journaling. I'm really making a conscious effort to journal. I've been working on photos from many moons ago - years - and is seeing how important getting those details down are. Even a trip from 5 years ago is tough to remember!
  

I actually journaled on a journaling card! And added a colored mini paper clip for a little pizazz. 

Once again, I created my own journaling card using cardstock. This is one of the Swiss Dots cardstocks from Bazzill. All I did was add a sticker and the sign veneer. Viola! Done.


Here we have 2 cards from the Adventure Seeker Living Life along with the journaling card I made.

With the trip to Chimney Rock State Park in North Carolina, my husband and I took tons of photos. I struggled to find outdoor theme kits and forget finding anything as specific as the park. So when necessary I craft own cards. This one is so simple! Cardstock, stickers, ribbon, and stamp from Outdoor Trail Clear Stamps.


Another card that is super simple! Cardstock, die cuts, stickers, and flair. You're done. Simple. Oh and yes those are elk in the photos!


These photos are from Cades Cove in the Great Smokey Mountains in Eastern Tennessee. I made another journaling card with cardstock, burlap, twist ties, a die cut, and the Tiny Attacher. All of these pieces are in the Adventure Seeker Living Life and Adventure Seeker Embellishment Kit. Love how the twist ties are used to hang the Wild Adventure die cut......kind of looks like a hanging sign.



At some point, I made a huge error in printing some photos. They weren't printed in true 4"x6". They were something like 4"x5.3" which is the true digital size. Oops! So all of those prints needed to be matted. I debated matting them on ivory cardstock, but thought that was too blah. I'm a little crazy in my style. I love colors and patterns so I used scrapbook paper instead. Since there's about an inch of paper showing once the photos are cropped and matted, I needed to jazz them up. All I did was add some twine held in place with tiny attachers and a piece of flair. Done. Simple. Looks pretty snazzy!



Check back soon. I will be sharing more from this crop soon. There is plenty more to share!

No comments: