Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Handmade Journaling Cards

Many moons ago, Crop on the Cape happened. I used some premade journaling cards. I also made a ton of cards that weekend. All of the cards I made were immediately used and are in my album of my nephew.

So today I'm going to show you a ton of the cards I made! I hope you enjoy. I tried to keep track of what items were used on each card and which stamps were used, but I wasn't always successful. I do have the info on most of them though! Feel free to ask me any questions about them.

This card was for the beginning of the album for my nephews. I started with the baby shower from nephew #1 who is now seven - yup 7!!! - years old. Sadly, this is the first I've scrapbooked him! In one weekend, I finished the first 11 months of his life. It was over 600 photos. His mom and I would scrapbook together every week or two so I saw him lots and cough cough my camera was busy. :)



The base of the card is just Bazzill cardstock. 



Next, I stamped the pregnant lady in chocolate onto the cardstock. The stamp is from Studio G.



I stamped " Mommy to be" in navy ink next to the pregnant lady. Don't know who the stamp is from. Sorry!



The journaling image was stamped next in navy ink. I think it's a stamp from We R Memory Keepers, but I'm not 100% sure about that.



To finish this card off, I added polka dot washi tape and a brad. I did journal some, but I'm not sharing the personal details. 



Up next is a fun card! I looooooooove calendar stamps. I seriously can't get enough of them. I hunt for them every time I go stamp shopping. 

This card was made from Bazzill cardstock, the calendar stamp (no idea who made it), a diaper pin stickers, and a bit of twine.



This card is super cute! I love little ducks. This card was made from Bazzill cardstock, 3 washi tapes, an adorable ducky sticker, and the april stamp is from Close To My Heart's S1111 Cherish the Day. 



Who doesn't love booties? Even better when they're not attached to a swinging foot! This card is made from Bazzill cardstock, a bootie sticker and then I stamped a blank ticket. Not sure who made this stamp. I used a white chalk marker/pen to write the name and date.


This cards is made from Close To My Heart cardstock and a rub on. Simple, easy, and fast!


Bazzill cardstock is the base. A little rhino sticker from Animal Crackers from Close To My Heart and red and white twine. 


The base is cardstock along with a lion sticker from Animal Crackers from Close To My Heart. A few simple embellishments include a red button and red and white chevron washi. The stamps from from D1378 Notice the Details from Close To My Heart.


Pale green cardstock is the base of this card. The alligator stamp along with the "Cloud I be any Cuter?" and hearts are all one stamp from C1501 New Arrival from Close To My Heart. I finished this card off with 3 enamel dots and yellow/white twine.


I love the phrase "Cutie Patootie." The base of this card is scrapbook paper. The "Cutie Patottie" is a rub on. The bottom of the card has navy polka dot washi along with a huge pearl brad.


This card is 4"x4". I have tons of pocket page protectors and they have pockets in a variety of sizes besides 3"x4" and 4"x6". The base of this card is paper. The stars on the right hand side are rub ons. There's a sticker from Echo Park in the center. The calendar stamp on the left is from D1468 On This Day from Close To My Heart.


This card is also 4"x4". The base is scrapbook paper. The "baby sweet cheeks" is a rub on. I finished off the card with 3 enamel dots and baby blue foot print washi.


I made this card as a 4"x4" as well. It's a very simple card made from paper and stamped from D1468 On This Day from Close To My Heart.



This pair of cards are both 4"x4" and they are placed in pockets next to each other in my album. they are made from scrapbook paper and stickers that spell baby.


Remember how I love calendar stamps? I warned you about that. :) The base of this card is cardstock. There's a sticker and some enamel dots. The stamp is from D1468 On This Day from Close To My Heart. 

I did some freestyle journaling. I know many of us are less than excited about our handwriting. I'm part of that crowd! I always feel like a 4 year old wrote for me. It is what it is! One thing I love about Project Life and pocket scrapbooking is the journaling. I've never journaled much at all in my 12 years of traditional scrapbooking. I couldn't stand doing it, but now I actually journal quite a bit! I'm not so afraid of it. I figure my handwriting is mine so deal with it. :)



I totally can't get enough washi. This card is made from cardstock, a sticker, and 3 washi tapes that I cut. The stamp is from C1338 Just for Boys from Close To My Heart.


This card is made from Close To My Heart cardstock. The sticker is from Echo Park. I really love their cardstock stickers! They have some really great graphics and colors. The little blue glitter hand is a brad. The date is handwritten on lines from D1378 Notice the Details from Close To My Heart.

Well, that's all for today. Be sure to stop back tomorrow and I'll be sharing more handmade journaling cards. 

No comments: