Friday, March 25, 2011

Cricut Circle Meetup

THE beginning of March led me on a road trip to Atlanta. Why Atlanta? To attend a Cricut Circle Meetup!

There were several firsts at the Atlanta Cricut Circle Meetup. First off, we were treated to some brand new Circle bling! The flair on the right is something that will be happening at all Circle get togethers. There are 50 different pieces of flair. How cute that I have a Georgia one. Sure hope we have a South Carolina event. Ooh a North Carolina event would also be fabulous!

The little navy guy on the left is the Circle Charm for the first year of the Circle. The same color charm is used for the whole year so you have a long time to get one! Provo Craft told us what color will be coming out with our next year. I'm sworn to secrecy! But I'm am telling you, most girls will love it.

There were lots of other goodies, too! Some of us even scrapbooked a little. You could hear the hum of Cricut die cutting machines all day long.

These wooden cut outs are only available at Circle events. The one on the left is the Circle logo. The one on the right is the Cricut logo. And in the middle is the Eiffel Tower from French Manor which was the first Cricut Cartridge sent to Circle members. I haven't decided what to do with the yet. Paper? Ink? Paper? Glitter? Ribbon? Bling? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

At all Circle events, we're asked to make our own unique Calling Cards. This shows you all of the ones I received. Sadly, I think I missed some people as there were about 40 of us there and I don't have 40. Kinda sad about that! Some of them were truly amazing and took quite some time to put together. Hey, mine isn't in this photo!

Mine is in this photo! Along with the sock monkey one my friend Kendra (aka the Scrappin' Cricut) made.

I also have Susan's and the amazing box she made for everyone at the Meetup! Turns out Susan lives in the development next to me! It truly is a small world. Crazy that I had to go 3 1/2 hours away to meet her!

My Calling Card is the Georgia one. The pieces are on black cardstock from Close To My Heart. I used the 50 States Cricut Cartridge to make the Cherokee Rose (Georgia's state flower) and the Georgia in the center with a pewter brad. Georgia was cut from Taffy cardstock from Close To My Heart and sprayed with Terra Cotta Color Wash and Copper Perfect Pearls Mist from Ranger.

And finally, there were prizes galore! I think everyone got something. There were some HUGE prizes and some small prizes. One lucky gal one a Cricut Imagine! Her reaction was truly amazing. I was so happy for Amy to win. She was one of the folks who helped arrange the Meetup. That's not why she won it. The prizes are given away completely randomly. Our Calling Cards were put in a bowl and our cards were drawn we then went to a bowl and drew a number. That number was written on a prize. I won prize 22 which was the Cheerful Seasons Cricut Cartridge from Creative Memories. Notice the big 22 written by Shannon from Provo Craft on it? Pretty cool prize if you ask me!

There was other HUGE surprise for us. A little lady named Teresa Collins paid us a visit. I'll tell you about that fabulous woman later this week! She gave us an incredible project. It was another first!

Until next time *

What goes round and round? The Circle!

No comments: