Friday, March 18, 2011

Welcome to the Beginning

THIS is beginning of my blogging journey into a new art form I am expanding into. Don't worry I'm not leaving my paper and stamp collection behind! Can you imagine?

What's new you ask? Plenty!

For starters, I will be going back to school for the umpteenth time. This time I will actually be studying things I LOVE and not things I can deal with. It's time for me to do what I wanted to do in high school but chickened out of. I'm giving myself a second chance and I have been met with criticism along the way. Hey it's my life and I have the right to be happy. Don't like it? Piss off!

So what will I be studying? I'm finally going for my bachelor's degree! My major is Fine Arts Technology. What's that? Fancy words for Media Arts which encompasses graphic design and so much more. I'll also be taking several photography courses to complete my art requirements.

I'm going for two minors. I'm not 100% sure about one of them. One will require me to work my ass off and I am fully prepared for it. The minor I am 100% comfortable with Music. My original plan in life was to go to music school in NYC or LA. Well, I left New York state last year so I'm pretty sure I won't be going to NYC. My decision to FINALLY study music was an easy one. I do have a ton of things to relearn, but I am already preparing myself for this. Piano lessons start soon!

My second minor - the one I'm not 100% sure about - is Creative Writing. It definitely goes along with Media Arts and Music. I'm going to take the first couple of classes and see how things go. If I love it, then I'll be a double minor. If not, oh well. I need the writing for the required writing portfolio anyway. Maybe I'll find the happy inner me once again!

What else is happening....

Well my studio is 99% done! FINALLY! I only moved last April. No more necessary trips to Ikea up in Charlotte. I do need to grab something small from Target tomorrow. If they were open now, I'd go over.  But for some reason, they don't stay open 24 hours like Wal-Mart which kinda stinks for us night owls.

I'm so close to being able to play in my studio that I have gotten myself decorations. Most of them are functional. I took some inspiration from Tim Holtz and a little from Teresa Collins and a tad from my own personal tastes and needs. Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart have lots of great things for this purpose!

Don't worry there will be about a million pics when all is said and done. I'd take some now, but the table is kinda ummm covered and looks like a paper factory exploded. I need to make it all pretty and document it so I have proof that once upon a time you could actually see my art table!

My new art adventure....

Ink. Canvas. Some of my favorite words.

Stay tuned and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Until next time *

This was my Declaration.

No comments: