Monday, October 28, 2013

Have a Holly Jolly...

Yup....I was singing Christmas carols Thursday evening. I blame my friend Erin. She has some friends who are in the military and she ganged up on us and demanded we make a bunch of cards to send to them so they can have awesome cards to mail home to their families, friends, and loved ones. It's like a mini Operation Write Home for her friends.

Now, I admit I am not a card maker. But darn it, I'm going to try! So I made two cards last week. I made four of each card and covered two themes. Winter and Christmas are done. Considering doing some New Year cards. I discovered I have a cute New Year stamp! Who knew? Not me! And then I will be doing some Valentine's Day cards. Probably a birthday batch as well. Then I'll be done. I have a bunch in a box I was going to send to OWH, but I just watched a video from them and I think my cards are too thick! Ugh. Less pop dots is more....Ok I'm not buying, but I'm trying to convince myself!

It's a Wonderful Life - A Muse Studios
Card #1 is my Christmas carol card. Everybody....sing along...sure it's only October, but Christmas will be here before you know it! Have a Holly Jolly Christmas.... Where's Frosty when you need him?

A Muse Studios, Papertrey Ink & The Paper Studio
The Holly Jolly stamp is from a super cute stamp set from A Muse Studio. The set is called "It's a Wonderful Life." I live two towns over from the famous bridge and the town that inspired the movie! I kid you not. There's a museum there and a huge festival every December. Actors from the movie come here for it and everything. Crazy, right? But so cool! That's why I was interested in the stamp set. I didn't even look to see what came in the box!

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas
It's a Wonderful Life is in the chalkboard style that is wicked popular right now. I stamped Holly Jolly in the reverse. It's stamped on white cardstock with True Black ink from Papertrey Ink. The brick red paper is from a Christmas stack from The Paper Studio which is Hobby Lobby's brand. The cardstock underneath the paper is Pinefeather from Papertrey Ink. The base is white cardstock distressed with Pinefeather ink from Papertrey Ink.

One thing I love about Papertrey Ink's cardstocks are how heavy they are! Their cardstocks are 110 pound weight! That's like pro cardstock. They know what they are doing there! I have only purchased the samples of their cardstocks before. I've had one pack since 2011! And I never opened it. Shame on me! This is what happens when you're a scrapbooker and you resist crossing over. I'm trying though!

Let It Snow Cards
The second card I made I got a little crazy with the inks. Adirondack Colorwash from Ranger is dangerous! It's highly addicting. I wasn't going to wait overnight for the card bases to dry so out came the heat gun. So the cards have a slight curl to them, but I'm sure it will flatten out once packaged and shipped to my crazy friend Erin.

Sailboat Blue Adirondack Colorwash

I used two bottles of Adirondack Colorwash (made by Ranger) - Sailboat Blue and Denim. The papers are from Magic of the Season from The Paper Studio.

Denim Adirondack Colorwash
For "Let It Snow" and the snowflake I used Colonial White pigment ink from Close To My Heart. A little white Liquid Applique heated up with my heatgun puffed up.

Snowflakes - The Paper Studio
The "Let It Snow" stamp is from the Snowflakes set form The Paper Studio.

Artistic Holiday - Inkadinkado
The snowflake stamp is from Artistic Holiday by Inkadinkado.


A Muse Studio is a home party company so you cannot find their stamps in stores or online except for their website. I was recently put into contact with Pamela who is an A Muse Studio Consultant by one of my good crafting friends. If you'd like to see more from A Muse Studio or purchase It's a Wonderful Life so you can sing Christmas carols in October, please feel free to contact Pamela. Click here to visit her website.

I do not receive any compensation for the products used on Inky Hot Mess. I use what I like. The products are not given to me. I have purchased every item used. So if I think something stinks, I'll tell you to save your money and go elsewhere.

No comments: