Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Birthday Card for Operation Kuwait

Can you believe November is here already and it's flying by? Geesh seems like it was Halloween just yesterday! I've been busy working on a couple of projects. One is some organization in my studio which you'll see soon! I need to complete it first. My second big project was making cards from my friend's military troop in Kuwait. I finally finished up my cards and got them shipped off to Colorado.



I made some birthday cards that are feminine, but could be used for gals who like pink or purple and they could be used for an adult or a child. The bases are made from Colonial White cardstock from Close To My Heart. All of the inks are pigment inks and chalk inks from Studio G. The cardstocks are all from my scrap bin and are from Close To My Heart and Bazzill. Amazing what's been hanging out in my scrap bags!


When making cards, I like to pre-cut everything. I tend to make piles and ink all of the edges. This sort of gives things time to dry a bit except when using pigments. Pigments take quite awhile to dry. The lavender cardstock in the upper left has metallic silver pigment ink on the edges. I couldn't get it to photograph and it's not super obvious when looking at them in bright sunlight either. It's very subtle.  


The stamps are from the Birthday Tags set from Papertrey Ink. That brad in the middle is a dark purple brad from Close To My Heart. The image is stamped in black pigment ink.


The cute purple ribbon with white and pink daisies is from my purple ribbon jar. I've had that one and lots of purple ribbons are ages. This is how I store many of my ribbons. If they come on spools longer than 3 yards, they go on the racks on my studio door. All other ribbons are in jars like this one. They are quite stuffed full so I have really cut back on my ribbon purchases unless it's something for a specific project or something I can't live without which is very rare these days. 


I wanted a little something inside the cards as well. This stamp is also from Birthday Tags from Papertrey Ink. The paper flower is from Prima. The flower is attached with a Glue Dot. There's a little purple bling as well. Not sure where that's from.



Here we have the finished cards with one open so you can see the little added piece on the inside. The star stamps are also on the Birthday Tags set from Papertrey Ink.

Dimensions:

Card base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Lilac colored cardstock: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Lavender colored cardstock: 5" x 3 3/4"
Pink cardstock: 4" x 2"

I do not receive any compensation for the products used on Inky Hot Mess. I use what I like. The products are not given to me. I have purchased every item used. So if I think something stinks, I'll tell you to save your money and go elsewhere. If a product is given to me to test out, I will let you know. 

No comments: