Friday, November 8, 2013

Valentine's Day Card for Operation Kuwait

Today's card is the one for Valentine's Day I made for Operation Kuwait. I sound like Walmart pushing holidays months in advance I know! But my friend is shipping these overseas and we will only be doing it twice a year. Gotta stockpile while I can!


The card base is made from Colonial White from Close To My Heart. The cover cardstocks are Hollyhock from Close To My Heart and a scrap of Bazzill.


The "love" stamp is from Studio G and is stamped in Victorian Velvet from Tim Holtz's Distress Inks. The "Happy Valentine's Day" is from the hearts2love set from The Stamps of Life and it's inked in Fired Brick from Tim Holtz's Distress Inks. The cardstocks are edged in Worn Lipstick from Tim Holt'z Distress Inks line. 


First time alert! This was my first time using baker's twine on a card. Shocking I know. The pearls are from Basic Grey.

I was asked what I used to score the cardstock to fold it over into a card. I have the Martha Stewart Scoring Boards. I was skeptical when I bought it. Some of her products are ok, some are good, and some are stinky. This one actually works really well. It even comes with a scoring tool and an envelope making tool. I do recommend it. I know others have used it for making rosettes.


The stamp on the inside is from One Plus One Equals Love from The Stamps of Life. Worn Lipstick Distress Ink from Tim Holtz was used to stamp onto the Blush cardstock from Close To My Heart.

Dimensions:
Card base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Hollyhock base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Pink cardstock: 5" x 3 3/4" 

I do not receive any compensation for the products used on Inky Hot Mess. I use what I like. The products are not given to me. I have purchased every item used. So if I think something stinks, I'll tell you to save your money and go elsewhere. If a product is given to me to test out, I will let you know. 

No comments: