Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Grandmother Birthday Card

Two of my grandmothers have birthdays this month. No need to visit a Hallmark store when you have a studio full of supplies! I ended up making six of these cards. I figured I had everything out and making multiples is easy. It's the first one that is challenging. My extra four cards went into my Operation Write Home stash. Maybe someday I'll become famous and sell my cards.



Until then, I'll let you know what went into these cards. They're all the same card. A few things are different on a couple. I had some issues with my Vagabond. I finally used it! Talk about a learning curve. It doesn't work anything like the Cuttlebug! Lots of reading and video watching is necessary with the Vagabond unlike the Cuttlebug which is all trial and error. 



The card bases are Colonial White Die Cut Cards from Close To My Heart. Upon them I built several layers of papers and cardstocks. All of which came in the Chantilly Paper Pack from Close To My Heart. I used the Champagne, Buttercup, and Lagoon cardstocks. 



All of the inking was done in Regal Rose from Stampin' Up. The cardstock base was sent through my Vagabond and I used the Sizzix Texturz Fancy Fan plate from Stampin' Up.



The twine is Pink from Queen & Co. The stamps inside and out are from the Birthday Tags set from Papertrey Ink.



I used two die sets for this. The first one I used cut out the larger base that the stamped cardstock sits on. That first layer was cut on the Vagabond using Labels Fourteen from Spellbinders. The stamp cardstock layer was cut on the Vagabond with the Tabs and Tags set from Clear Dollar Stamps.

Apparently, I've come up with some sort of style that's my own. I haven't seen anyone else do this, but I'm sure there's at least one other person on earth who's done this. There are, after all, something like seven billion people here. Surely, I didn't create this, but it does seem to have become a signature for myself. 



I've been stamping a small sentiment in the bottom corner of the card. Then a stick on a row of washi tape. I have no idea who makes this washi tape. I probably should try to keep track of that somehow. Not sure how since all washi doesn't come wrapped up with a label when purchasing it especially online.



No comments: