Monday, June 15, 2015

New Store Updates

We have been extraordinarily busy here at Inky Hot Mess! I haven't even had time to blog or paper craft in weeks. The new Inky Hot Mess store is really coming along. We're almost done with the construction phase and getting ready to load in the furniture and fixtures. Then the fun really begins!

What we've been up to.....

Creating a store layout.....just a rough idea until all the pieces are in place.


New lighting!! I don't like fluorescent lights. Many of them give me headaches and affect my vision. So they were all removed and halogen and LED fixtures replaced them. These new lights stylish and modern. And they will give us a ton of light in the classroom area!

We have a pretty, seeded glass pendent hanging over where the register will be.


We even replaced the lights in the storefront window. These are tiny compared to what was there. You'll see the old lights in a bit.


In the store, there are 2 different light fixtures. One is a round track light and the other is a long track light. These are pretty cool since the lights can all be moved and positioned wherever we want. All of the lights are from Home Depot.


My husband has taken some vacation time from work to help out with the construction. He has done so much and I truly can never thank him for helping make my dream become a reality. He has done all of the lighting, painted ceilings, painted trim, moved furniture, helped me shop (and we know how guys looooove shopping!), cleaned tons of things, and put up with me and all of my craziness. Oh and his job is not in construction! He works in healthcare IT so I'm very fortunate that he has learned a few other trades over the years.

Out with those icky florescent light fixtures!


And in with the pretty!


The light installed where the register will be soon. I just love seeded glass and this fixture is so simple and elegant all at the same time.


The whole store has new lights!



The landlord put in new flooring for me! The store used to be a dance studio so there were gym mats for the floors. We now have vinyl floors that look like hardwood floors, but they don't scratch and are super easy to clean up!

Beginning the install....


The flooring is almost done.....just the edges and trim pieces are left!


That's all I have to share today! Lots more to share next week. I'll also have a much better idea when our opening day will be. Our Grand Opening celebration will be July 10th and 11th. We are working with various agencies in the City of Geneva, too, so there will be lots to share soon!

No comments: